NH CANNABIS PARTY
90 Odell Hill Rd, Conway, NH 03813
m: (603) 662 3900
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NH CANNABIS PARTY launches its full-scale campaign for Smart, Common-Sense Cannabis Legalization in the Granite State
Contrary to conventional wisdom, cannabis legalization and commerce represents much more than just a few extra jobs and tax revenue. Rather, it offers a generational opportunity for comprehensive, multi-pronged prosperity and progress for all New Hampshire citizens.
11/01/2022 – Conway, NH – Via its newly-launched website https://nhcannabis.org, the NH Cannabis Party is accurately promoting common-sense cannabis legalization and full commercialization as a non-partisan, economic issue with broad bi-partisan support. Its “Common Sense Candidates” section features nearly fifty (50) current Republican, Democratic and Libertarian candidates for many state offices publicly supporting our initiative, and which is expected to total over one-hundred (100) by Election Day (November 8th, 2022).
Visit the website for an overview of what smart, common-sense cannabis legalization could look like, as well as an enlightening message from Nathaniel Gurien, our Founder and Executive Director, who resides in Sandwich, NH.
According to Mr. Gurien:
“Enlightened, exemplary, common-sense cannabis legalization, regulation and incentives can catapult New Hampshire to new levels of prosperity and success.
Here are some practical examples of the impact a legalized cannabis economy can have on New Hampshire:
- Substantial revenue for underfunded and neglected state services, rendering moot the pressure to enact broad-based taxes such as an income or sales tax
- Taxpayer relief from high real estate taxes and user fees
- Incentives to encourage in-state cutting-edge technical and pharmaceutical research, in partnership with our colleges and universities creating high-quality professional employment for current and future generations
- Creation of incentives, support, training, internship and opportunity in partnership with our educational, financial, economic development and professional institutions for successful entry into the new cannabis economy for veterans and many other worthy disadvantaged groups
- Encouragement and support of home-based and local entrepreneurship in partnership with our agricultural community while placing reasonable limits on out-of-state corporate market domination
- Incentives to encourage current unregulated operators to enter and prosper in a new legal, regulated market
- Encouragement of tourism and safe cannabis consumption resorts and facilities
In the absence of federal leadership, New Hampshire can take the lead by incorporating “lessons learned” from the successes and failures of other states’ programs. We can lead the nation in solving some of the most pressing unresolved questions in today’s cannabis industry, including emphasis on developing an effective, reliable sobriety test for cannabis intoxication for law enforcement and employers, employee protection, gun rights, standardized product labeling and warning labels, and child-proof packaging especially of edible products. There are many other areas where other states and the federal government have failed to lead, and New Hampshire can take up the mantle.
Once again, this is a generational opportunity for Granite State leadership and local prosperity that will lift all boats across the political spectrum. All stakeholders and interested parties are warmly invited and encouraged to join with the NH Cannabis Party to help this exciting vision become a reality.”
Latest Campaign Developments:
In order to assure passage of legislation that will set a national standard for comprehensive, common-sense cannabis legalization in New Hampshire, The NH Cannabis Party has several key objectives, some of which have already been achieved.
- The NH Senate has been the primary obstacle to passage of adult-use cannabis legalization. Ideally, we’re seeking to flip at least four (4) seats from opponents to proponents. As of this writing, we helped to secure two additional seats, with an excellent opportunity to flip a third, and a somewhat more challenging race to win for the fourth.
- The NH Cannabis Party has developed over the past several months, strong sympathetic political connections with party leaders across the Democratic, Republican, and Libertarian Parties, as well as institutional, commercial and private leaders who have pledged to work together for an exemplary program that benefits the widest range of New Hampshire stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- We have been actively collaborating with principals from Marijuana Policy Project, Americans for Prosperity, NH Cannabis Association, ACLU and representatives from law enforcement, commercial and institutional sectors to craft draft legislation to be introduced and passed in 2023.